Friday, August 12, 2016

Holiday, Vacation...Whatever You Want to Call It


It's that time of the year when a nice, long break from the daily grind of work is in order. Unlike most years where I typically take several short 3-4 day breaks over the course of the year, in 2016 I've barely taken any time off. The plan has been to cash in all of my vacation days for an extended break this summer, and while I'm excited that it's finally coming this week, I'm also pretty burned out. More than anything, I'm mentally exhausted from the stresses of work and just need some time away to recharge my batteries, relax, and enjoy time with my family and friends.  Mrs. Chemist and I have a lot planned for our time away (including, among other things, taking the kids to their first Red Sox game and seeing Billy Joel in concert) and while I'll continue to write, my posting on here will probably be sporadic (if I even post anything at all while I'm away). However, you can rest assured that I'll write about our trip, the game, and the concert (among other things) when I get back. I've also got lots of ideas for posts that I just need time to flesh out and write, so hopefully the extended break will get the creative juices flowing even more than usual.

Here's to coming back more refreshed and focused as the summer comes to an end!

No comments:

Post a Comment