Monday, May 12, 2014

The Magical Mystery Tour Will Be On Hiatus For the Forseeable Future


As I stated a couple of weeks ago, I lost everything I had on my iPod...which was a LOT of music. I still have no idea how it happened, but it did. I've been working to try and recover it all and even used some software to get it all back. I will say that the program helped me successfully recover the MAJORITY of what I lost successfully, but it wasn't perfect. There are still numerous songs missing from numerous albums and many of the songs were recovered in fragments and incomplete pieces. As such, I am going to need to go through all ~15,000 songs and determine which songs are missing, and then re-rip them from my CDs. This will necessitate going through my filled garage in order to dig the boxes of CDs out, in the few scraps of spare time I have since I have a wife, kids, a job, and a life.

Obviously, this isn't going to be an easy fix.

Thus, I am putting the Magical Mystery Listening Tour on hiatus until I can get back to where I was before the crash. Only then will I continue. 

For those of you who have been enjoying this series, I apologize and I ask you to be patient because I will be back to continue on once I'm able to do so. (And besides, there's obviously tons of other content on my site to keep you occupied and entertained in the meantime!).

Thanks for sticking with me, and if anyone has any experience dealing with this and has advice on how I can use software to recover what I lost, by all means please leave a comment so I can discuss it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment