Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Hope Life's a Blur in 2012!



 As you know, I'm a *HUGE* Blur fan (actually, that's probably an understatement...I'm absolutely mad about them). After their reunion tour in 2009, there was a lot of speculation as to what the next step for them would be. But, apart from the excellent retrospective documentary film "No Distance Left to Run," (to which I contributed and got my name in the credits for!) and the one-off single "Fools Day" in 2010, there's been little news on that front.

But within the last few weeks, a flurry of interviews have pointed toward something big in 2012, including a potential tour of the USA (which would be GREAT! I only saw them once, in 2003, so I'd love to see them some more) as well as new music, To top it all off, they're getting a Lifetime Achievement award at next year's Brit Awards in London.  For all of this news and more, check out my Blur webpage, my Blur Facebook page, or my Blur Twitter page.

For multiple reasons, now including Blur, I'm really looking forward to 2012!

2 comments:

  1. You got your name in the credits? That's cool!
    It would be wonderful if they started doing something since I didn't caught up with them before the hiatus(but I do my best to research). It's still such a blur, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, name in the credits twice...once as a contributor since I donated rare archival material to the film, and once as a "thank you" since I did a lot of research for the producers. I'm really proud of that, being my favorite band for most of my life (20 of my 32 years) and all!

    ReplyDelete