Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Losing and Gaining


 As you know if you've read this blog for a while, I've been in the process since May 2011 of losing weight I should have gotten rid of years ago by running, lifting, and eating healthier (read all about it HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE). Well, with the loss of nearly 100 lbs (so far) and a smaller, fitter body has come the need for an entirely new wardrobe. That being said, I have been in the process of donating my old, "fat" clothes, and selling my really nice, too-big-for-me-now dress/work clothes. So far, I've made a fair amount of money on eBay doing so, and am in the process of liquidating the rest. I plan to reward myself (thanks to my wife who came up with the idea) with an iPad 2 using the money. So far, so good...so as I've lost weight, I've gained cash!

Also, it's been a great excuse for me to clean out the closets and garage and sell off other stuff that's just sitting around and taking up space. The money made off of that stuff will go right into the bank account...again, losing clutter, gaining savings. You can't beat that!

So far, I've found a pair of sneakers potentially worth $300 (see HERE), and plan on selling off some collectible baseball cards I have, my old PlayStation 2 console and games, and other odds and ends that are wasting valuable space in our house.

First, I cleaned up my body and my habits, now I'm cleaning out my closet and our clutter, and at the end of it all, I hope to clean up (in the financial sense).

No comments:

Post a Comment